Monday, November 03, 2003

Saturday

Dave and I were at Sam's again on Saturday. This trip was more of a strategic strike than a shopping trip. We had our list and fought our way through the crush of humanity to grab our items. The mass of people always shocks me. Most people's inability to drive their cart and be aware of the people around them scares me. If we were a herd of humans out on the savannah, most of these people would have been dragged off for lion food long ago.

When we maneuvered ourselves into a checkout lane that would take less than a year to get through, I knew I had enough time to hit the bathroom. I left Dave to fend for himself and went to the ladies room -- which is oversized like everything else at Sam's. Once inside my stall, I became distracted by the shiny silver lock mechanism on the door. The manufacturer's name is stamped into the lock: "Hiny Hider."

I can't really add anything to that.

Once home, Dave and I decided to enjoy the digital cable we have purchased. We haven't really yet had a chance to surf all the channels. Dave did the driving with the remote while I set up the ironing board to iron some chair covers I bought for some old chairs of ours. When I finally got everything set up and all the chairs arranged, I asked Dave what he had found for our television viewing pleasure. He said, "I love cable tv." He told me he had two channels set up on the jump.
The first was AMC which was showing Airport '77. We had missed the crash, but the American Airlines plane was now completely submerged in the ocean. The cast of thousands was amazing. We recognized everyone but only knew a few names. The other channel was ESPN2. The program was ESPN Speedworld. They were showing rider lawnmower racing. I'm not kidding. Dave was beside himself watching grown men and women race lawnmowers. Lawnmowers.

I can't really add anything to that either.

No comments: