Thursday, September 16, 2004

Ofest


The Fourth Annual Oktoberfest is upon us. It seems to be my full-time job lately. [Click here if you want the details.]

We have just over a week and one day to make it all happen. To top things off, I'm sick. I can't explain that. I thought I was supposed to get sick after Ofest -- just like getting sick after finals. As the Germans say, na ja, what are ya gonna do?

I wish I had a witty story or an observation of human folly to post -- but really all I've got is Ofest.

I'm dreaming about it now. Thankfully, I'm not having dreams about the fest or when the merchandise will arrive, or how the tent is going to be erected on our brand new parking lot, or if we'll have enough tables, or ... No. Rather, I'm having my usual dreams about nothing -- but everyone is wearing lederhosen and alpine hats.

Hmmmmmm. I don't care to know what Freud would think about that!

No comments: