Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

And so we start again. I'm a fan of new beginnings. I think I've stated here before that that is part of the reason why I so love the academic calendar. I've also stated here before that I hate resolutions (click here for my rant which looks like it is about giving things up for Lent, but ends up really being about New Year's resolutions).

So I will not be making any resolutions again this year. However, I do have a few plans. And, naturally, I might have to modify some of my behavior in order to accomplish said plans. But I have not made any resolutions.

January is always nice because it is the start of a new year and the start of a new semester. My syllabus is ready, my course site is ready, I'm sure I'll get myself ready by Sunday night. I have to admit that I'm excited to start again. I always enjoy the second shot at a new course I'm teaching. I wish I had had more time to regroup and make some more changes, but the state-funded institution that I work for went back to work on Monday, January 2.

Gotta love that.
Here's to a new year, a new semester, and new plans.

No comments: