Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I Need A Bath

I've been out of the blog loop lately. My days seem to no longer be my own, and they are rapidly passing me by.

I am up to my pits in Oktoberfest work and seem to see the priests and other rectory staff more than I see Dave. The Fest is this Friday and Saturday – ready or not.

Dave has been fighting a cold for some time and was in a losing battle this past weekend. He started running a fever and had a flare up in his old brown recluse infection (long, not-so-funny story from '98 if you haven't heard it yet). Dave actually volunteered to go to the doctor. He saw him Monday morning and got some monster antibiotics. He saw the doctor again this morning and things seem to be improving – no fever, infection subsiding, etc. That is a relief.

While battling Oktoberfest to do lists and Dave's illness, we were both happy to learn that his VW was even more ill than Dave. It just plain won't start. He had it towed yesterday and today got a phone call with the prognosis and bill. I think cars should have health insurance.

So basically, these past few days have been one of our worst weeks on record. This morning while I was battling traffic in my little car with Dave as a passenger on our way to the doctor's office, I was reminded of an old favorite commercial. I don't know where it came from – I heard it whispering quietly in the back of my tired brain,

"Calgon, take me away."

No comments: