Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Let's Just Be Friends

I recently started sending my resume rife with grad school out to temporary staffing agencies. While I haven't yet attempted to become a "Kelly Girl," I have been doing some investigating of other, smaller companies.

One of them responded the other day. "Are you still going to school?" I know the resume has one theme, but I thought the Degree: PhD, Received: May 2002 was a clue. I'm afraid my nightmares about school calling to say that there's something wrong and I need to take another class and defend the dissertation again will come back now. I told her "I am finished and I am never going back again."

Anyway, they don't "have anything" for me right now. She said it wasn't me. They just don't have a lot of jobs right now. She said they would keep my information but do not need me to come in and register with them. I should also wait "several weeks" before calling back.

I apologize here and now to every guy I ever broke up with.

No comments: